Senior DevOps Engineer
Alibaba is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us improve and expand our rapidly-growing products.
In Alibaba, we believe we can influence the workplace culture of Iran by promoting Integrity, Authenticity, Commitment to something beyond ourselves and Respectful dialogue, and you can be a part of this building procedure.
Pros of working in Alibaba
- Don't worry about your income, we update our payments according to the job market
- We pay for your development plans.
- We provide all the gadgets and devices you need for work (Except for Apple Watch!)
- You won't be isolated in your team, we believe anyone in Alibaba can collaborate for the team's winning!
- If there is a Coolest Office Competition, we may win the Gold medal
- You can have breaks in relaxing areas and help yourself to some drinks and fruits
- We believe diversity brings creativity.
- We don't believe in HW (Hard Working!). We believe in HHW (Happily Hard Working!) so we'll have lots of fun alongside the work.
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications.
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting DevOps best practices.
- Redesign legacy applications for Linux and windows, Docker implementation.
- Automate the provisioning of environments: cooking up some recipes with Ansible, and deploying environments using containers, like Docker.
- Troubleshoot problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Participate to the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Represent production support for the suite of apps in the domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Identify reoccurring issues and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process.
- Strong background in Linux / Unix and Windows server Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible pr puppet
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- A working understanding of code and script (Bash, Powershell, Python, Perl and/or Ruby
- (Knowledge of at least one programming language (.NET, Node.js)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
- CI/CD implementation with Gitlab and familiar with Jenkins and experienced in git
- Mongo DB, SolR, Elastic Search, Redis, kibana, syslog, logstash
- Expertise with containerization technologies, including LXC, Docker, CoreOS, etc
- Expertise with Orchestration technologies, including Docker Swarm, kubernetes, etc
- Good to have contributing to open source projects
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities and an ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience And Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- At least 2+ years of overall experience in professional software engineering
- At least 2+ years of hands-on experience as DevOps engineer
- At least 1+ years of hands-on experience with Ansible